Saturday, May 3, 2008

Driving all the old men crazy

Saturday, May 3, 2008
I am possessed of a brief happiness. I have new trousers with lots of pockets and a buttoned roll-up courier looking feature. My Bridge Crew are outside playing in our beautiful, safe cul de sac, with two new friends. They are having the kind of fun that I have long since stopped knowing. The sun is shining. It's homemade burgers and chips for dinner. Common Law is asleep now, but getting stronger every day. Tomorrow's spin is in the bag.

These kinds of vaguely happy tidings do occur together with reasonable regularity but as a rule I manage to push through the feel-good feelings and maintain my well resolved bitterness and self-disgust. Just now though, just now, I think I'll allow myself a moment of contentment before my panic, repugnance and blind fear creep back in and take their place at the table.









Ok, the boys are back in town. Thank fuck for that. As you were.


Today's title

4 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

savannah said...

a sort of metaphysical balls adjustment, sugar? ;-) xox

(you crack me up!)

Manuel said...

nice......happy for you all......now show us the burgers.....

Medbh said...

Now you just need a puppy to make that vision of childhood bliss perfect.

gimme a minute said...

Savannah:
Now that you mention it, I believe these new pants may be a little snug about the crotchal area...

Manuel:
I need a camera, don't I? They were pretty tasty...

Medbh:
A puppy and another child. All the cool kids on the road have three children.

We might have to settle for a goldfish.

 
◄Design by Pocket