Friday, May 30, 2008

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead

Friday, May 30, 2008
There can be little doubt that the highlight of my father's visit so far was my step-mother Janice's face when, in Café en Seine (why is this bar populated solely by middle-aged men and nineteen year old girls?) I shared a trip by trip account of the fistfuls of acid that I chewed my way through while in her care in the great summer of 1992. But I reckon we can create even sweeter memories than this over the next 48 hours.

The wedding is tomorrow and as per the advice of a wise friend, I intend pouring a couple of shots into my sister and pointing her at Finbar.

I do so want to live bleugh from the event but Common Law, straight-laced harridan that she is, is refusing to allow this. I'm bringing the laptop anyway, she'll most likely change her mind after the speeches.


Today's Title

5 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Medbh said...

I can see the appeal of blogging it live, Gimme, but Common Law is right. You would in essence be checked out or removed from the event, leaving her to carry on all the pleasantries and conversation.

Have fun and many shots!

Manuel said...

no no no.....just do it......sounds like fun! 92 ye say....that was just about the start of my acid days.....such "fun" times.....but never again....never....

fatmammycat said...

Have fun! And also jaegar bombs should do the trick, for yer sister I mean.

savannah said...

so looking forward to the sunday recap, sugar! ;-) xox

Conan Drumm said...

Eh, so what was this wedding and how did it go? Did you get the soeur fully armed and launch her? Did you spike Janice's booze with hallucinogens?

 
◄Design by Pocket