Monday, June 9, 2008

I miss the comfort in being sad

Monday, June 9, 2008
This evening I would like to write something desperately powerful and beautiful. A piece that will make the reader sigh with their very soul. Sigh with sadness and loneliness. Sigh with a hopeful elation, with a wonder at all our good fortune.

I would like to include a breathtaking photograph that took my breath as I took it, as I breathed.

I would like it if this writing that I write, this picture from which I draw, were not soaked in sentiment and self-pity and mawkishness. I would like it if I did not come across as a scrawny self-serving dickhead.

I would like it to be simple.

But you know what? Italy lost 3-0 to that pack of orange cunts and someone else has that beautiful simplicity shit covered. So I'm going to sleep instead.

6 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Manuel said...

hahahahahahahaha you should live up here with an attitude like that......orange cunts indeed......

Conan Drumm said...

That's the football, right? Okay. And what's happening on Big Brother?

Sniffle&Cry said...

It’s the jersey thing, isn’t it Gimme? Or maybe that Maldini is gone? Or maybe that Jimmy McGee is still there? That’s three yeses I reckon.

But you owe me nothing in postings. Your recent birthday piece was tender and expressive.

I’d hate to be playing the Italians next.

gimme a minute said...

Manuel:
I would only I cannot stand to be anywhere north of Malahide. Even that's a bit of a fucking stretch.

Conan:
Don't be coming round here with your empty platitudes.

As far as Big Brother goes, the black albino guy is a bit of a dick. Or so I'm reliably informed.

Sniffle&Cry:
Slow starters is one thing, three fucking nil is whole other dyke of fingers.

Let's hope they put Romania to the sword. And then goad the French into eleven headbutts and eleven red cards.

Annie Rhiannon said...

Oh, hi. I'm sorry I deleted my post, I didn't realise it was, like, linkworthy and stuff. It's just I've decided not to do any more mournful blogging, it's upsetting my family and friends... and I'm actually really, really okay. I guess the problem is that I only ever feel like writing if I'm sad. But I'm really happy a lot of the time. That's just more difficult to put into words, I suppose.

gimme a minute said...

Annie:
Um, don't worry about it. I like the picture on its own just as much.

 
◄Design by Pocket