Monday, June 30, 2008

I will meet you later in somebody's office

Monday, June 30, 2008
Things that I am giving up for the month of July:

1) Beer. Not vodka, not Kaluha. Not rum nor whisky. But beer. Merely beer.

2) Being a fat cunt. Chunky syndrome has well and truly caught up with Gimme and the time has come to get my hardbody body back.

2) Bleughing. See you in August.

73 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

david santos said...

Good luck.
Happy day

Medbh said...

I want that song played at my funeral.

Happy Blogiversary!

Conan Drumm said...

Have great hollyers and lots of fun with the girls.

gimme a minute said...

David Santos:
Thank you, occasional spamster.

Medbh:
Particularly good if you've died in a non-hand-holding plane crash.

Conan:
Oh, I'm not going on holidays. Or not till August when the Hans Brinker saga may well recommence.

Conan Drumm said...

Ah, August is step-relation/back on the beer time?

savannah said...

have fun, sugar! xox
(and happy blog-versary)

dj lance said...

If blogversary is not the dumbest thing I've ever heard I don't know what is.

emordino said...

Kahlua is delicious. But not as delicious as Amarula.

Gav said...

Chunky Syndrome eh? That's what's preventing me from eating myself thinner. Just beer, so stout is still alright then. Of course Jerry Fish is urging us all to drink cider which if consumed in sufficient quantities helps one pretend its Summer. Maybe one of the Bridge Crew would like to guest blog while you're on sabbatical.

fatmammycat said...

Damn delicious beer and all who flounder in its wake.

problemchildbride said...

Yep, fmc. It's the kind of drowning that won't kill you but just make you wish you were dead the next day.

Happy July, Gimme. See you August-time.

Rosie said...

no way will you keep your sticky fingers off this blog for an entire month.

Common Law said...

If you give up blogging how will I know what's happening in the house for the next week and a half?

kiki said...

david santos is so correct, as always

happy day!

kiki said...

is david santos a pedo?

V said...

they closed the case, you in the clear Dave!

savannah said...

where's the love? xoxo

A little girl said...

You're my wife now, Dave.

gimme a minute said...

Conan:
It surely will be. Back to the same place in France.

Savannah:
Thank you.

dj lance:
No need for that.

Emordino:
I have never partaken. I'll look to rectify that forthwith.

Gav:
Stout doesn't count as beer? This is looking more and more like the happiest of my self-denials.

Fatmammycat:
I starting to the think that maybe ale isn't beer either.

I'm off the beer!

Problemchildbride:
I'll be around, leaving vodka (not beer) soaked comments and reading you obsessively.

Common Law:
One's whining, the other one is sulking. That'll be it for the next ten days.

Kiki:
That would be my first unsubstantiated guess.

V:
I believe that's what he meant by 'happy day'.

A little girl:
Lovely.

kiki said...

WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!

Manuel said...

seriously......I bet you're not really fat.....just that sort of fat that thin people get when they eat a topic or picnic bar......pfft.....have fun n that.....

problemchildbride said...

Yeah, right, sure you will. But you never leave comments soaked in any kind of beverage! I'd be happy to see a Gimme coffee ring once in a while, just so's I know you had passed that way! I leave dung droppings everywhere so I guess I'm not much of a backwoodsblogger leaving no trackable trace of myself behind, in the Forest Of Blog.

problemchildbride said...

Hungover like a goat today. Or a gibbon. More like a gibbon. Ow. My thoughts hurt.

gimme a minute said...

Kiki:
What about them?

Oh, now I get it.

Manuel:
I'm getting an awful lot of pfft sent my way these days.

Problemchildbride:
Your posts are too clever to comment on. What's the point in leaving a comment if it's not better than the post?

I suppose I'm going to have to start making exceptions to that rule.

Rosie said...

what he said, Sami. but i do read all of your stories and cuddle them to me when i go to bed, wishing they were my own.

Rosie said...

and he's right, Gimme, you skinny fucker.

problemchildbride said...

Aw shucklamucks, you two crazies! You have made me very, very happy today with your goshbedarned generous and kindly things to say. I was beginning to think I'd lost half my favourite readers and wondering which post to pin it on.

That makes up for poor Andy Murray. My money's now on Federer v. Nadal for the men's final and an all-Williams women's one. Anyone watching it this year?

Joy on all the houses of the people I like! For today is a lovely day all of a sudden, despite the gibbon thing. Are they the ones with the red-raw sticky-out bottoms? Because I don't have one of these. I don't. I've just been howling and scratching a little.

gimme a minute said...

Rosie:
You haven't seen my love handles and man boobs.

Problemchildbride:
Tennis lost its allure for me when all the champions became possessed of the same cold, dead eyes.

I miss the passion.

Conan Drumm said...

Lose your mirrors - moobs and handles will just disappear.

For me the dead eye thing was epitomised by Sampras. Nadal is anything but and Federer, while he plays it very cool, is no dead eye merchant either. And they are incredibly fit.

Rosie said...

Conan, if Gimme has moobs and lovehandles he must keep them in a box under his bed.

cease and desist with the tennis talk, nerds. i'm only just recovering from the borefest that was Euro 2008.

gimme a minute said...

Conan:
I will reappraise. Though Federer seems unable to wipe that smug look of his funny looking face.

Rosie:
You're confusing nerds with jocks. Or wannabe jocks.

Conan Drumm said...

Yeah Rosie, I've seen him, he's a skinnymalink. As he's a recovering actor do you think he has residual body image 'issues'?

gimme a minute said...

Conan:
You know, I'm sitting right here, dude.

Conan Drumm said...

I know, but if you're not blogging about you then what are we to do? :)

Rosie said...

you're absolutely right, Conan. we'll just chat amongst ourselves here for the next month, taking the piss out of his neuroses.

and jocks don't blog, Gimme. you're an ack-tor with a bicycle.

Conan Drumm said...

Actually Rosie, I think he has three bikes, and one trike.

savannah said...

so, which one of you is going to takeover as "it's-all-about-me-on-this-side-of-the-pond" daily whiner? i've got the usa side covered! ;-)
conan...i think you're right about the residual body image issues.
xoxo

stipes said...

where are you gone? Its starting tomorrow. I need your inside knowledge to get me through

gimme a minute said...

Rosie:
What Conan said.

Conan:
What Rosie said.

Savannah:
I do not restrict my self-absorption to this side of the Atlantic.

Stipes:
Ugh. I don't know. No Contador? No fucking Prologue? It's a weird one.

Not that I won't watch every second that I can.

Maybe I'll blog it on 'What the fuck...'.

Or maybe I'll stick with this horribly, nauseating bleughing cold turkey.

Conan Drumm said...

Yeah... go on... I know you want to... it's even on TG4 as Gaeilge! It's the TurDeFrance, innit?

Sniffle&Cry said...

Common Gimme, the bed's too big without you. Those cheating drug ridden riders need you warm perspective. Otherwise it's only that ultimate professional hard cunt on eurosport, Sean Kelly.

Conan Drumm said...

Just wondering out loud, is it bad form if you run into an acTOR to mention that you've heard their latest voiceover ad on the radio?

gimme a minute said...

Conan:
Not if you say 'I really believed in your character. For reals.'

Conan Drumm said...

Ok, I was thinking, "Oh it's Jimmy Nesbitt again." But it wasn't.

Jimmy must be finished whatever he works on here that gets him all the ad work in his time off set. So whatshisname got the gig.

Manuel said...

so you really weren't joking....

problemchildbride said...

*Sigh*

Medbh said...

You know you're dying to post something, Gimme.
G'wan.

Twenty Major said...

What an old tart he is.

Tara said...

love the sinead o'connor reference. an old favorite, that song.

Conan Drumm said...

I bet he's writing for money.

gimme a minute said...

Sniffle:
Love that Sean Kelly. So much more the man than that insipid fuck Roche.

Manuel:
I was not. I did kind of sound like I was talking shit though, huh?

problemchildbride:
There, there, it'll all be better soon.

Well, not better, just back to the same old crap and not soon, in two weeks.

So, um, carry on.

Medbh:
I am of course. But I'm not g'wanning to.

Twenty:
Fuck you, nostalgia dropping full time quitting hints boy.

Tara:
It's a classic. Thanks for stopping by.

Conan:
Ha! Some fucking chance.

dj lance said...

Gimme has been writing in a super secret blog, didn't you know? He only told a select few.

savannah said...

ok,so why kim and sam and not me, sugar? *sighing*

Rosie said...

ha @ Gimme @ Twenty. he put it very nicely though. unlike you, listy mac lazyface.

Conan Drumm said...

How many riders have been done for drugging on the Tour? I keep hearing snippets of news and I don't know if it's all the same few cases or if there's loads of 'em.

stipes said...

3 so far.but a whole team pulled out because one. Roche said 120 people are now out of work

savannah said...

wow..you're really sticking to this, sugar...xoxo

stipes said...

did you put money on Evans, everyone else did. my money was on Menchov

Twenty Major said...

Roche said 120 people are now out of work

Hilarious.

problemchildbride said...

It's 5 to August, Gimme! Time to quit quitting shit, yet?

gimme a minute said...

Sam:
Close now, alright.

I think I forget how to right. Rite?

Conan Drumm said...

Ah, there you are!

Sam, Problemchildbride said...

Noo-noo noo-noo noodle-de-noo-nno noo ping!

(The "Countdown" music. Like freakin' obviously!)

Nearly August!

savannah said...

after midnight, sam...of course, that's 6.01pm for me and 3.01pm for you!!!!

problemchildbride said...

Like this new look, Gimme. The header's great.

Conan Drumm said...

C
H
R
I
S
T
!
what the fuck happened?

Conan Drumm said...

Calming down... ok, I like the header picture (but not the colour scheme for it and the stuff page right).

I don't think the font is a good choice, looks weak on the page and would be better 'justified' as they say in the print/design trade.

Conan Drumm said...

Pardon, the posts are justified but the stuff at the side isn't (maybe it can't be). I think it's the light font against a white background that's rubbing my eyeballs up the wrong way.

You go with what you like, I'll be reading it anyway! Only 6hrs and 8mins to go.

fatmammycat said...

I like the new look Darling, it's very continental.

savannah said...

well done, sugar...seems you were busy! ;-) xoxo

problemchildbride said...

Actually, i think Conan's right about the font. It sort of swims. The rest of it's great but the font sort of makes the text look like a printout from an ATM. Hard to follow, if you follow.

Manuel said...

ooohhhhh check this out......lovely...

savannah said...

it's fits the header - an old school font...or am i just partial to anything that resembles newsprint, sugar? xox

 
◄Design by Pocket