Thursday, June 19, 2008

Needn't bother watching next week

Thursday, June 19, 2008
V: I hate nationalists.

Gimme: Well, they are fucking cunts.


V: Fucking Germans again.

Gimme: You know it. I was wearing my Schweinsteiger top. Go the fucking fatherland.

V: It's turning into the same old crap. Italy will beat Spain and Holland will collapse in the final leaving a munting hoofing Wimbledon look-a-like outfit with a fucking cup......again.

Gimme: Are you referring to Italy?

V: Italy, Germany, Croatia, Turkey and Russia, pig ugly. Holland, Spain, kissy lips fancy trainers.

Gimme: Kissy lips fancy trainers?

V: Yes.

23 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Manuel said...

hhahahahahaha....I've got turkey in the sweep.....that's a fiver down the swannie then.......

kiki said...

croatia are the hottest chicks out of all the teams left, surely.
or were you talking about the men?

i pulled italy in the sweep...

Sniffle&Cry said...

What about the 7th nation army humming chanting thing?

Kissy lips, fancy trainers - Eamon Dunphy move over.

Football will the winner Gimme.

Twenty Major said...

Dunphy - "Holland look good but they haven’t played a proper team yet"

Brady - "They beat Italy 3-0 and France 4-1, two WC finalists. What do you mean a proper team?"

Dunphy - "Sweden"

Conan Drumm said...

I'm not watching any matches but I reckon Spain will win. Are they still in it?

fatmammycat said...

That Dunphy, what a kidder he is oy!
My three-fiddy is on Holland, assuming they don't choke.

gimme a minute said...

Manuel:
They might do a Greece. I might cut the grass today.

Kiki:
Forget the ladies, it's that Slaven Bilic who makes me all weak at the knees.

Sniffle&Cry:
I don't share V's pessimism, though I am happy for Italy to be more boring than Greece if it means the cup.

Twenty:
Eamon is a misunderstood genius. If you had read his biography of U2 you'd know this.

Conan:
They are. The smart money is on them choking at some point though. Hopefully on Sunday.

Fatmammycat:
My head agrees, though my heart crys 'No!'.

Hard to see anyone causing them too much bother in their current form.

V said...

I have Real and Chelsea to thank for the always horrible sight of a load of celebrating Germans who hadn't a hope yesterday.

fatmammycat said...

Apart from themselves of course. But I have high hopes.

Twenty Major said...

Eamon is a misunderstood genius. If you had read his biography of U2 you'd know this.

Bar 'The Damien Rice story' by Phil Collins I can't possibly think of a book I'd like to read less.

Although Dunphy's book from when he was a Milwall player is really rather good.

Manuel said...

Go Turkey Go Turkey Go Turkey!!!!

savannah said...

so when does this all end, sugar? ;-)
xox

Medbh said...

I don't get the car parades here. Which ever team wins, a bunch of folks get into their cars, hang a flag out the window and honk the horn through the city.
It's a nuisance.

fatmammycat said...

Le sigh, first the Eurovision now this.

gimme a minute said...

V:
No one celebrates like the Germans. Did thy march on the piazza?

Twenty:
That was a good book, but nowhere near as magnificent as 'My Defence: Winning, Losing, Scandals and the Drama of Germany 2006'.

Manuel:
Pity they barely have eleven players eligible for the semis.

Savannah:
All too soon, siúcra, all too soon.

Medbh:
Yay! Sounds cool. It makes me happy that the beautiful game is inflicting itself on the streets of Toronto.

Fatmammycat:
The better team won it, though.

V said...

The Germans sang like they were in the stadium. The Portuguese were scared. There was tension between the groups, someone slapped the fruit machine. I expect a bit more excitement tonight, either way.

fatmammycat said...

Tell THAT to my fiddy.

V said...

YEEEEEAH!

Well played Italy. Well fought.

L-Driver said...

RSA spokesman Brian Farrell said more than one-third of provisional drivers have applied for a driving test. With a rate of 12,000 tests being conducted per week, this represents just 10 weeks' work.

But he said many candidates are now getting called for a test much sooner than they might have expected, and as a result "are deferring their test or turning up poorly prepared".

He added: "Candidates need to realise that that they will now get called quickly."

However he said any driver who needs a test before the law changes on June 30 will be accommodated, even at short notice.


Absolute lies. I was just on to the RSA wondering where the test I applied for in February was and they offered me a slot on July 24th.

When I asked the young man on the phone about this pledge he just said 'We'll get you a test as early as we can but there's nothing available at your test centre until then'.

L-Driver said...

Sorry that comment was for fatmammycat's site.

gimme a minute said...

Fatmammycat:
I would, but your fiddy is off dolling itself up for the party in the pocket of whoever got Russia in the sweep.

V:
Take your fucking condescension somewhere else. Everything went exactly according to plan.

Spain beating Italy on penalties is as unnatural as a half human, half Mary Harney genetic hybrid.

L-driver:
I can see how you might have gotten us confused.

V said...

Once again proving that sarcasm causes problems on blogs, I was being serious that time.

gimme a minute said...

V:
I never thought you were being sarcastic. I thought you were being condescending.

I still think this.

Come on you Ruskies.

 
◄Design by Pocket