Thursday, October 2, 2008

I would like you to dance

Thursday, October 2, 2008
Data's birthday today. Again. Four, don't you know.

That's it for the sweet toddling, folks. It's all moaning and whining and sulking and I hate you slammed doors from here on in. Not that she hasn't been doing all this for years already, but now there begins a downturn in cuteness offsets, a dirth of eager errors to balance the trials.

She called me from the top of the stairs yesterday.

'Daaaaaaaaady!'

'Are you okay?'

'Yes.'

'What's the matter?'

'There's a spider in my doll house.'

'Oh.'

'It's just a little spider.'

'Okay. Do you want me to move it?'

'But it is not my pet.'

'Sorry, sweetie?'

'It's not my pet, please.'

'Um, do you want it to be?'

'Yes. Yes, please.'

'So you don't want me to come up and move it then?'

'No.'

'Okay.'

'Daddy?'

'Yes?'

'There's a spider in my doll house.'

We won't be doing it ourselves, for so many a reason, but I do understand why people insist on endlessly pumping them out.

6 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Medbh said...

Happy birthday to the wee Data!

Tell her spiders in the house are a sign of good luck.

gimme a minute said...

Medbh:
Tell that to the waiter.

fatmammycat said...

Happy birthday small child!



Wait until they start asking for tattoos.

savannah said...

happy birthday, data! xoxo

(i'm sending you a dollar, sugar, ask your da to take you to disneyland!)

problemchildbride said...

Happy birthday, Data!

And happy your wee girl's birthday to you too, Gimme.

gimme a minute said...

Fatmammycat:
I fear Data's not for asking.

I expect her to emerge from Montessori with a Dora facial tat any day now.

Savannah:
Send her an iPhone, that's what she wants.

She also wants me to mind it for her.

problemchildbride:
She was sick and feverish, but I think she had a good day nonetheless.

Certainly got through a reasonable amount of cake.

 
◄Design by Pocket