Sunday, November 2, 2008

I would've got deeper, but there wasn't any need

Sunday, November 2, 2008
There are good hurts and bad hurts.

Attacking the last climbing interval of the day after a week of excessive mileage is a good hurt. The sighing at the relentless aging of my Bridge Crew is another. But let me learn you this, chowheads, teaching yoga in that place between still drunk and heart-breakingly hungover is a very bad hurt indeed.

Bourbon at midnight. Caucasian nightcap. What was I thinking? I was thinking, 'I'm full of pints but I would very much like one more drink.' I was thinking, 'I think I'll have me a Whitey.' And then twelve hours later, I was thinking, 'I am completely going to throw up on this nice lady's spin shoes.'

I needed holding, and stroking and soothing, I got reeking and screaming and downward dogging. 'Ease into the stretch,' I advised, 'ease into the stretch as I would now like to ease my head down the toilet bowl in the adjacent capper toilets. And breathe, breathe deeply like I cannot, for fear of a putrid puddle upon the studio floor. '

I'll say this for desperate nausea though, as I hold my hands up to eye-gouging headaches: They distract from the pain of thought. Thinking, self-awareness, now there's a hurt that barrels beyond the bad.

13 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Sniffle&Cry said...

For "sighing at the relentless aging of my Bridge Crew, gold bars and stars.

fatmammycat said...

Hung over yoga? Not for the faint hearted I'd imagine, but it's yer own fault for keeping such dubious company.

red leeroy said...

what about the uber yoga - the one in the sauna - that'll sort yeh.

Conan Drumm said...

Ease into the retch, Mr Whitey. And hold....

gimme a minute said...

Sniffle:
'They grow up so fast'.

If that isn't the most fucking irritating yet accurate truism of them all, I'll eat the leftover asparagus in the fridge.

Fatmammycat:
Dubious double getting company, adding to my woes.

Red Leeroy:
Because I wasn't dehydrated enough.

Conan:
A strong core is essential for the holding of a wretch.

And here's that Cormier link.

Radge said...

Pint?

the dublinista said...

You're a yoga instructor?

gimme a minute said...

Radge:
Are you asking me out? Or just attempting to inspire further nausea?

the dublinista:
You didn't see that shit coming, huh?

And welcome.

Medbh said...

Oh, I bet you had those sickly sweats, too.
Brutal.

gimme a minute said...

Medbh:
I did, and I do not wish to think on how that must have smelled.

Twenty Major said...

All I can say is 'haha'.

Radge said...

The nausea thing. I'm a bit of a cunt.

gimme a minute said...

Twenty Major:
That's very restrained of you. You bastard.

Radge:
You're in good company, so.

 
◄Design by Pocket