Friday, November 28, 2008

Your buried shoe box grief

Friday, November 28, 2008
Riker wants to stay up and watch the Late Late cunting Toy Show. Here's how I feel about that particular televisual feast. Can I say no? Sure I can. The reasons are reasonable and manifold:

I can tape it. We have the fucking technology. I'll be taping it for Data either way. I don't see how either of us are going to be able to stay awake that late. I'm too old. She's too young. It's not like it's McCain's concession speech or anything. I'm not going to be rewarded by the shedding of joyous tears of fatigued schadenfreude. And unless some misdirected Pakistani Brit terrorist starts lobbing grenades about, there will be no live witnessing of history. If I want to cringe with embarrassment and boredom I can just sit up reading my old bleugh entries like I do most Friday nights. Really, I should just fucking tape it and send her sulking to bed. She'll get over it.

I'm staying up, amn't I? Le fucking sigh, folks, part fucking a bizillion.


UPDATE: Read my live bleughing of this occurence here. You'll need to scroll down and work up.

14 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

stipes said...

do you have a time machine?

gimme a minute said...

Stipes:
Nope , just prescience.

stipes said...

live toy show blog.
may 2007?

gimme a minute said...

Stipes:
Yeah, I got you. Like I say, prescience.

Or not wanting all that shite at the top of the page. One of those.

stipes said...

sorry if I disturbed you so.

gimme a minute said...

Stipes:
No, no.

I am very, very bored.

stipes said...

go listen to some Waits stuff, cheer yourself up. I'm about to get drunk

common Law said...

Well, if you're bored I have a list a mile long that you can get cracking on.

gimme a minute said...

Stipes:
Will do.

Common Law:
Shockingly, it's possible to be bored even while cleaning up after your children and picking your clothes up from the bedroom floor.

Common Law said...

Possible to be bored while you're doing those things, yes....possible to type, no.

gimme a minute said...

Common Law:
You're welcome.

Manuel said...

so how'd that list go for you then...? hehehehe

Conan Drumm said...

Awwwww, you loveded it!!



"I have a list a mile long"

Isn't that Santa's line when he's about to put a lump of coal in yer stocking?

gimme a minute said...

Manuel:
Yeah, funny.

Conan:
My stocking got iFilled early, I can now be naughty or nice as I see fit.

 
◄Design by Pocket