Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The grand facade, so soon will burn

Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I'm lying in the long grass of my grandparents' back garden, my cheek pressed to the earth, practising my winking. I am an early winker. I find myself shocked by the difference in the two worlds that I now observe, the one through my left eye, the other through my right. At first this contrast seems like an angle affected change, but then I notice that in both views I can see some of the same blades of grass, some of the same ants. And yet in colour, in brightness and in tone they are profoundly different.

My eyes are all fucked up, I accurately conclude.

14 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Red Leeroy said...

Doesn't everyone do that blinky eye open/close thing while watching tv from behind a empty wine bottle on the table. Too drunk to move it, to sober to pass out, no?

Conan Drumm said...

Did little Gimme have to wear an eye patch, like a pirate? Y'aaaarh!

gimme a minute said...

Red Leeroy:
I guess they do. On that occasion though I was high only on stolen ludes.

Conan:
He did not. Though he was soon bedecked with the nerdiest of spectacles.

Before there were nerds, there was Gimme.

Manuel said...

yeah, that's right, your eyes are what you need to be worrying about......

Sniffle&Cry said...

So I looked it up and found that ludes = increased sexual arousal, and reinforced my original thought on "winking"!

gimme a minute said...

Manuel:
What body part do you suggest I focus on?

Sniffle&Cry:
That particular side effect is not as pronounced in six year olds.

Rosie said...

Though he was soon bedecked with the nerdiest of spectacles.

photos. or it didn't happen.

gimme a minute said...

Rosie:
Then I guess it didn't happen.

Manuel said...

head....

Conan Drumm said...

So, do you wear contact lenses?

Sniffle&Cry said...

Always dangerous to assume stuff over here.

Ellie said...

I have photos.

Rosie said...

excellent. do share, Ellie.

gimme a minute said...

Manuel:
Oh. I don't know what you're implying there.

Conan:
Nope. It's just the one eye that's fucked, so I guess it would be contact lense, but still no.

Sniffle:
Damn straight.

Ellie:
Let's not get into a who has photos of what competition here. I'd only lose.

Rosie:
You had your chance.

 
◄Design by Pocket