Monday, December 29, 2008

I can't even swallow water

Monday, December 29, 2008
So I figured out why some people like me. They are a select few, no doubt, but they're out there, those likers. I get the liking from lots of people in work, of course, but they hardly count. I have a big in work act, you see, full of wry humour and gentle enthusiasm. The aforementioned booze lake was muchly supplied by these deluded Work Gimme admirers. Fuck, even I like the Work Me, most of the time, and I might well have parted with a bottle of whiskey myself, for myself, if I happened to be as rich as many of those generous bozos.

But even outside of this space of spin there are those that can shockingly stand me. And as I say, I think I've worked out why. It's to do with something I do, something I do because I don't know what else to do. But I'm not going to tell you what it is. Because you might well be one of those likers and I don't want to ruin it for myself. I quite like being liked when it doesn't involve any work on my part and as I stare down the barrel of another year of crushed hopes and self-inflicted inertia, I can't help but believe that other people not thinking I'm a cunt might eventually have me arriving at the same conclusion.

7 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Conan Drumm said...

It's Sally Field all over again, isn't it?






Yeah, tough guy. We likes you, and not on account of "something I do" neither. We just likes you.




Now, make with the sobbing...

Medbh said...

What, end of the year and you're opening veins instead of gifts?
Be more positive, Gimme!

gimme a minute said...

Conan:
Boo fucking hoo.

Medbh:
You're kidding, right?

That was my most positive post in months.

savannah said...

well, sugar, i like you because you're almost as self-centered as i am, but then again, i am older than you! by the by, my birthday is almost here! ;) xoxox

(happy new year to you and yours, darlin!)

Manuel said...

ah I think you're a sweetie........then again I only met you once or twice sort of.......that's right I said sweetie....deal with it

gimme a minute said...

Savannah:
I doubt even Jesus goes on about his birthday this much...

Manuel:
I was on my best behaviour. And even so, you were much more sweetier.

You're probably a smug bastard now that you're off the fags though.

fatmammycat said...

I like your hair so you're okay in my book. And I am fiercly picky.

 
◄Design by Pocket