Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I don't want to talk about the things we've gone through

Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Everyone appears to be under the impression that my last post was somehow related to the Irish Blog Awards, taking place not in Dublin, on some day that is once again the birthday of some chick I know. This was not the case. And so I would like to respond to my nomination in much the same way as I responded to last year's long listing, but with a little more provided by Rosie panache:

18 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

The Bad Ambassador said...

At least you've got one friend... (or is it a penchant for self promotion).

*sniff*

Congrats either way - very well deserved.

Of course, were there a category for crudely drawn album covers...I'd probably come 3rd or 4th.

Radge said...

I laughed a little too loud at that one, and now people are staring at me.

Red Leeroy said...

so your not going then ?

Annie said...

Hahaaaaaaaaaaa

gimme a minute said...

The Bad Ambassador:
There just aren't enough categories, are there?

You need to work on the self-promotion.

Radge:
That's not your laughter, it's the thing on your face.

Red Leeroy:
I am unofficially undecided.

I don't have a ticket, but I do know a guy who knows a guy...

Will you be attending? This might well be the deciding factor, in which direction I'm not saying.

Annie:
Now there's a lady with a justifiable penchant.

red leeroy said...

I know I will regret this but no I will not be there.

Manuel said...

fuck sake why am I taking a redner after reading your nomination badge.....quality by the way....

Sniffle said...

Big faker, big faker Mc fake.

gimme a minute said...

Red Leeroy:
Well, I can't say that I'm surprised. It is in Cork after all.

Can I come to your gaff and watch the live stream so?

Manuel:
Redner! Ha! I've never seen that word spelled before.

None of that stuff counts if you were completely fucking gipped last year and if this year a non-winning will lead to a major riot instigated by Gimme.

I'm talking about Well Done Fillet here, don't know if you got that.

Sniffle:
Which part? Or just all of me?

Conan Drumm said...

So, what are you wearing? You know, in the "Sorry I can't be there with you all in Cork" live feed from Red Leeroy's bedroom?

Rosie said...

puff and bluster. you'll still go.

red leeroy said...

yeah come on over, I'll get the jellies in, you bring the cohiba's.

Manuel said...

sake now that's another redner...

gimme a minute said...

Conan:
The High School Musical Sharpay dress that Data got for Christmas. It's a little tight at the moment but I'm cutting out the crisp sandwiches so I ought to be fine.

Rosie:
Did I say I wouldn't?

Manuel:
I'm hoping Mulley's ordered up some tear gas.

narocroc said...

Have you get an "I didn't even get fucking longlisted so I mustn't have any friend types or be any use at self-promotion at least the fat kid got to go in goal" badges I can have?

No? Okaybye.

Rosie said...

yes, probably in writing too.

Narocroc, i'll see what i can do.

gimmeaminute said...

Narocroc:
You have only yourself to blame.

Rosie:
Not on the bleugh, I'm pretty sure. Anyway, I'm fucking large, blah, blah, blah.

narocroc said...

Rosie, thanx

Gimme, yes, yes I do. But I'm okay with that!

 
◄Design by Pocket