Saturday, January 31, 2009

Which would you prefer? A computer or a gun?

Saturday, January 31, 2009
Oh you're getting your money's worth today folks and folkettes. Four hundred and seventy seconds of beautiful Jello Biafra barf. If, after about thirty of these fine units of time, you say to yourself 'I cannot listen to this shit.' and press the big old pause button, then you're cheating only yourself.

It has been, I believe, eighteen years since I heard the line 'Ever hear about the guy in New York, who's dick fell off in the bath after he shot it full of coke?' as sung by Mr. Biafra. After revisiting it today I can assure you that it has aged like a fine fucking wine.

You need to hear this whole song, ideally over and over and over again, ideallier as you writhe in the throes of adolescent romance. Do it, people. Eventually, you won't be sorry.

14 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Common Law said...

lovely.

problemchildbride said...

I want a fucking different fucking question. Fucking.

problemchildbride said...

Having said that, prolly a pyooter.

Twenty Major said...

78 seconds.

gimme a minute said...

Common Law:
Isn't it though?

Embrace the power of lard!

Problemchildbride:
You couldn't order guns off of computers when the song was written. I guess it is slightly dated.

Twenty:
So you didn't make it to the coke dick line?

Sheesh.

Twenty Major said...

I know I should feel like I've missed out on something but I just don't

gimme a minute said...

Twenty:
I know you are, but what am I?

savannah said...

i have both, fuck you! (sugar) xoxo


(i am so laughing out loud here and it's driving miss daisy crazy! :D )

Medbh said...

When I was on the punk scene only poseurs listened to DK.

stipes said...

82 secs. Could you not just re-produce the lyric and protect your readers from this shite

gimme a minute said...

Savannah:
You have a gun? Mild-mannered, sweet, Democrat you?

No wonder your country is all fucked up.

Medbh:
That told me.

Stipes:
Don't make me bring out the gramps, gramps.

The Hangar Queen said...

I'll take the gun

The rob the computer.

eliMordino said...

Tune. Even if it does start a bit Down In It.

gimme a minute said...

The Hangar Queen:
I don't believe you're lacking in either department.

EliMordino:
You could argue as to which came first. Lard were formed in '88.

 
◄Design by Pocket