Saturday, January 17, 2009

You made a plaything out of romance

Saturday, January 17, 2009
This fine suddenly shitty Saturday morning, from Billy Cotton, the most sexual predatorest-looking band leader of them all, I present an heart-felt ode to the love between a stalker and his stalkee:

6 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

savannah said...

anniversary time, sugar? *snickering*

xoxo

Tessa said...

OMG! I actually remembering listening to him on the BBC. The Billy Cotton Bandshow used to start with him yelling 'WAKEY-WAKEY," not really the most romantic start to anything. Right up there with "Lie down I think I love you."

Medbh said...

Woody Allen must have used this in a film, right?

gimme a minute said...

Savannah:
Of my stalking of?

Tessa:
Ha! I wasn't aware of that at all. I kind of assumed he was all washed up by 1940.

I should really wiki these people before I post them.

'Lie down, I think I love you' is a line I shall be using on Common Law tonight.

Medbh:
You'd think, but no.

'And now you call it legal though vaguely nauseating and I call it love...'

Conan Drumm said...

Did you ever hear that very creepy song that Doris Day sang? It's the narrative of a stalker getting what he wants.

gimme a minute said...

Conan:
I don't think I ever had. Any idea of a title?

It might fit well into my newly established Saturday Twisted Tune Theme.

 
◄Design by Pocket