Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'd rather listen to Coltrane than go through all that shit again

Tuesday, March 24, 2009
'Sun comes up, it's Tuesday morning, hits me straight in the eye guess you forgot to close the blind last night, oh that's right, I forgot it was me.'

So opens the Cowboy Junkies', I just dumped my boyfriend because he fucked my cat (there are some things which can never be forgiven) and now I have to go to the cinema on my own but that's okay because I get more popcorn, moanfest. You think that shit's whiny? Wait till you get a load of my Tuesday.

Sun comes up, it Tuesday morning and I am filled with dread of day of unrelenting doings. A switch in personnel means I'm teaching Tuesday evenings instead of Mondays, making a total of three spin and four classes for the day. Common Law is in the middle of a tech week and so is not here to help or listen to me bitch. Today is also swimming day, which has recently developed into a battle with Data to have her become even remotely involved in the financially crippling lessons. I should be making the dinner right now so we're ready to go as soon Riker arrives in from school, instead of using you fuckers as a Common Law substitute. And just to make this Tuesday super extra special, I'm giving up smoking. Yes, again. I don't want to talk about it.

'Lunchtime, I start to dial your number, but then I remember so I reach for something to smoke.'

Bitch.

9 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

savannah said...

you mean you had started again? ;)

xoxo

Conan Drumm said...

My paternal Granny taught all her boys to swim by age three. Took 'em down to the tidal pool on the estuary and just threw them in. She's dead a good few years now, but be my guest and threaten Data with her ghost.

Funny how the acting-up coincides with the CL's intense tech week.

Good luck CL, been through a few of them in my time.

sassysundry said...

I had forgotten about the mall hair in that video.

Sorry you're having a rough week. I need to quit smoking again too. Sigh.

Good luck with the swimming lessons. I didn't like them at first, but I wound up becoming a lifeguard.

Manuel said...

get the niquitin farting tablets down ye......I'm smoke free but fart like an elephant all day every day......

Medbh said...

Yeah.
I should quit as well.
But I am weak.

gimme a minute said...

Savannah:
I like how you read the words 'I don't want to talk about it' and came to the conclusion that I wanted to talk about it.

Conan:
Yes, it's fucking hilarious.

I once got a clatter in the head because somebody had thrown somebody else into the sea to teach them to swim. Or at least that was the excuse.

Am I being sufficiently vague?

Sassy:
Wow. I find it difficult to imagine Data going to the trouble of saving anyone, unless there was something in it for her.

What a terrible thing to say. It's the no cigarettes talking.

Manuel:
So you've replaced an addictive habit that smells and is needlessly expensive with...

I josh. You're my hero. I didn't think it was possible to go off them, go back on them and then go off them again almost immediately. You have proved otherwise.

Medbh:
You need to smoke more, I reckon. You don't do it enough to properly adsorb the self-disgust. Try having two for breakfast.

Rosie said...

i'm still off them, bar that one you made me smoke.

i feel i deserve a prize.

savannah said...

i'm good like that, sugar...just ask my kids! xoxo ;)

gimme a minute said...

Rosie:
What, like a cigarette prize?

Savannah:
It's a rare talent.

 
◄Design by Pocket