Monday, April 6, 2009

I know this road leads straight into Cairo

Monday, April 6, 2009
Bock hates women, Medbh hates Bock, Twenty loves a good dust up.

You don't need to concern yourself with all this shit. All you need to concern yourself with is Gimme and how close he is to giving it all up, to walking the Earth, to car gassing himself now that he finally has a car.

There is no self-knowledge like the self -knowledge doled out in a road race. I reached the point this afternoon where I could do no more and hideously recognised that feeling. I am, in my everyday life, at the point where I can do no more. And there is so much more to do.

This is why I am a feminist. I am living in the world of women. I cook and clean and it is never enough. Sure, I walk through life with all the privileges of a man, but I come home to the oppression of a woman. So, I know. But I won't walk the Earth and I won't gas the car, because, weirdly, of this:

http://kidsmobilemarathon.com/home.html

If this little goal can inspire in my Riker even a millisecond of the perfect agony I felt with 200m to go, then my work is just about done. Apart from the whole being alive and succeeding in her eyes bit. I guess I'll be going for that shit too.

17 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Manuel said...

Are we sponsoring the kids for this? I'd like to give back to a society I have taken waaay too much from.......actually can we sponsor the Medbh/Twenty/Bock thing.....

actually now that I think about it can we film it?

Conan Drumm said...

"The Kids mobile marathon is not a race... no prizes for winning... timing is not important... Kids to go at their own pace."

Just checking you read all that stuff. Ok?





No pain no gain!

Riker for the WIN!

Etcetera!

Common Law said...

alas, poor men. You and Bock should get together.

gimme a minute said...

There was a wonderful comment along those lines by this comedian. It bears quoting in full for those who aren't arsed trawling through yesterday's swill:

'May I be so bold as to suggest a fight to the death? Semi-finals of Twenty versus Nora, and Medbh versus Bock. Each combatant chooses one of four available weapons: chainsaw, bigger chainsaw, laser-mounted penny farthing, or pet lion.

My guess is that Twenty easily dispatches of Nora (unnecessarily beheading her), Bock edges a close contest with Medbh (applying a failed CPR to her carcass), and then in a hugely disappointing denouement, Bock and Twenty look each other in the eye, tear off their armour, embrace, and refuse to draw further blood for the baying crowd.

Exiting the arena, Twenty unexpectedly whips a box jellyfish out of his underpants and stuffs it down Bock’s back, killing him instantly. Bock dies a martyr, revered far and wide. Not that Twenty gives a shite…'

Bock's Jellyfish. Genius.

Conan:
I did read all that stuff and dismissed it for the loser talk that it is.

Common Law:
Shouldn't you be out bread winning or something?

Medbh said...

I don't hate him.
He's too pedestrian to really get worked up over.
Bullies who hate women and wail about the menz are all over the blogosphere.

And they say women are prone to hysterics.

gimme a minute said...

Medbh:
You should go over there and check out the 'accidental' photo he took of himself. It's super pensive.

Or maybe you shouldn't.

Medbh said...

Gimme, unlike his star lap cat, I only read blogs that I like.
Go figure.
You have to wonder about the psychology of folks who read blogs with content that makes them physically ill. Masochists or mental defectives?
I haven't decided.

I avoid reading "men's rights" blogs that moan about how middle aged white men are the world's true victims unduly persecuted by those evil feminists.

Nora said...

"Gimme, unlike his star lap cat, I only read blogs that I like. Go figure."

I assume you mean me? It's called 'research', Medbh. Unlike you I don't make snap judgements about women that I don't know from Adam (or Eve) who can think for themselves but who happen to agree with a man in an argument. I don't try to put them down with silly labels like "lap cat" either. I saw enough of that when I was in Women's Lib in the late 60s/early 70s. Women trying to bully other women who weren't as strident as they were.

Shame about the quotes you couldn't produce. I had a feeling you might come over here to whinge and do the victim thing.

stipes said...

Fight?

gimme a minute said...

Medbh:
You're right., you're right. But I'm getting better. It is sixteen hours since my last purposeful reading of hateful crap.

Nora:
So you're reading my blog for research? Into what? I should warn you that there are a number of other people already considering me as the topic of major academic papers.

But that's not it, is it? You're here looking for a fight. Have you nothing better to be doing?

If Medbh and other women feel denigrated by Bock and his attitudes then Bock and his attitudes are denigrating. His bullshit offer can't alter that.

Now unless you have something to say about my daughter's participation in the Mobile Marathon, you might want to fuck off.

Stipes:
None shall pass.

Nora said...

"So you're reading my blog for research?"

Certainly not. I was talking about Medbh's blog. That's what *she* was talking about. Get over yourself.

gimme a minute said...

Nora:
Oh Jesus, how fucking slow are you?

That was my point. Of course you're not reading my blog for research. You're trawling the net, looking for a fight. Why the fuck else would you even click on to here?

Unless the post was linked to on the Bockeister's site, naturally.

Move along there now.

Nora said...

"Oh Jesus, how fucking slow are you? That was my point. Of course you're not reading my blog for research."


Listen, upstart, I wasn't talking about your blog at ALL. Or Twenty's. Neither was Medbh. She was referring to me saying on Twenty's blog that her blog gave me "stomach acid".

Your response to Medbh, above, makes it clear that you completely misunderstood her -- and me. Despite you having "trawled" through the "swill" on Twenty, for whatever reason.

Now get back on your wobbly high horse. You clearly can't keep up, and you bore me to death. I was addressing Medbh anyway, not you.

gimme a minute said...

Nora:
I respond to almost all the comments on MY blog.

I understood Medbh fine. She was talking about not reading Bock. I responded by talking about not reading Bock.

I don't care what you were talking about. I was referring to your reading my blog comments, so as to find the basis for an argument with Medbh.If you want to pick fights, do it somewhere else.

And so now, for the third time of asking, please fuck off.

Thank you.

Nora said...

"I understood Medbh fine. She was talking about not reading Bock. I responded by talking about not reading Bock."

So when Medbh wrote,

"Gimme, unlike his star lap cat, I only read blogs that I like. Go figure. You have to wonder about the psychology of folks who read blogs with content that makes them physically ill. Masochists or mental defectives?"

you thought she was referring to you. And you then pandered to her by writing,

"You're right., you're right. But I'm getting better."

Jesus, stroke the feminist, guys. Priceless.

"I don't care what you were talking about."

Then don't attempt to contradict me.

It's a pretty sad bloke who hasn't the balls to admit his mistakes.

Bye for now, Gimme. And if Medbh sidles back to talk about me again, I'll respond again.

gimme a minute said...

Nora:
My blog is little but a litany of the admission of my mistakes. If you were here to do anything but cause conflict you'd know this. Funny that you have yet to address this point.

Not that you'll get a chance now.

Common Law said...

Interesting...seems to be full comprehension of everything but the phrase 'Fuck off'.....

 
◄Design by Pocket