Monday, April 27, 2009

I was a hero early in the morning, I ain't no hero in the night

Monday, April 27, 2009
Train, eat, sleep. Train, eat, sleep. It is a selfish and ultimately pointless pursuit, no doubt, but it makes me slightly happier, I believe. I believe as I face first my late night steamed fish and brown rice. Protein, complex carbs. Protein, complex carbs. It's not like I owe you cunts anything, you know. And I'd rather not sully my many moments of endorphin induced ecstasy by scribbling them down for your slobbering.

We'll talk when I'm 67 kilos. Or when I break 30 minutes for five miles. Or when I don't die in the Wicklow mountains.

One of these events is surely relatively imminent.

15 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Medbh said...

Tis the season of manorexia I see.

Kel D said...

Bloody hell.

Andrew said...

Ah, a nod to Wolf Parade on a blog. That makes you, me and Mulley.

High five?

Manuel said...

oh my.....

Conan Drumm said...

What, you're not going to live-blog the Wicklow 200?





ps I second Medbh, you don't have the weight to lose.

stipes said...

train, eat, sleep, train, eat, sleep.
I got a picture of you on the trans Siberian express,

Red Leeroy said...

surely there has to be some self doubt in there somewhere?

Rosie said...

you don't mention white russians, what are you doing for calcium?

Sniffle said...

Good luck with the running thing. One of my legs weighs 67kgs, I don't run anymore.

Meadow said...

'Endorphin induced ecstasy.'

Where may I buy this?

Kel D said...

There was this free podcast once, I got that song on it back in 2005ish. I used to listen to it on the bus to Stoke Newington... it is so great to run to. Thanks for reminding me about it!

V said...

I hope you are watching Rocky for inspiration.. the 2006 version obviously.

stipes said...

Thats all very well, but what are you now?
80, 90kilos?
40, 35mins?
wicklow HILLS

gimme a minute said...

74, 33'39, and they're called The Wicklow Mountains. I didn't fucking name them.

stipes said...

A once very popular singer, sang of the wicklow HILS. Thats all i'm sayin' like.

 
◄Design by Pocket