Saturday, April 11, 2009

We'd all be speaking German, living under the flag of Japan

Saturday, April 11, 2009


What, both?

And while I admire the rhyming of 'beaches' and 'leeches' (France has jungles?), I think you might have done better than 'shoulder' and 'forward'. I seem to remember McCartney having the same problem, but at least he had the self-possession to blame it on John.

I know. Picky, picky.

14 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

spot on said...

he clearly says "or".

gimme a minute said...

spot on:
In the intro he does. I am referring to the song. In which he fails to say 'or' on two occasions.

I take it you're a fan?

Conan Drumm said...

I didn't clicky the linky but, just so as you know, there's leeches in Ireland in some inland lakes. In you go on a hot day and out you come, with these funny, skinny black wormy things stuck to you.

gimme a minute said...

Conan:
I'm beginning to think 'picky, picky' reads as a request.

The song that nobody can bear to listen to contains the line 'he stormed a lot of beaches, slept in the jungle with the leeches'. Which may well refer to the Pacific, but beach storming invokes France in the Gimme mind.

You just can't throw a couple of ill-though out sentences onto the internet any more, can you?

Common Law said...

Where do you find this crap. (Note lack of question mark)

Sniffle&Cry said...

Six purple hearts Gimme, the full half dozen. Sorta raining purple hearts.

Surely no place here, for celebration of an irresponsible ditty (( I’m righteous sanctimonious) I’m spasticus autisticus, for rhyme) )

stipes said...

That was brilliant.
The song, not your picky post.
We need more songs about good 'ol granpa and the war.
Or was in there.

gimme a minute said...

Common Law:
Noted.

Sniffle:
That's some quality commenting right there, sir.

Stipes:
It was that Crimean dust up you were involved in, wasn't it?

Rutland Place said...

(Not pictured: John enjoys some bratwurst and sauerkraut.)

Manuel said...

newswipe? I nearly shat.....yer man, the host, was superb.....I say more not less......

Twenty Major said...

Japagermans, awesome.

There'd be no fucking shortages of Wiis or PS3s when they were released.

I hope that cunt's Grandfather burns in hell.

V said...

..and they would cost 50 quid,

..and there would be functioning health care for everyone etc. etc.

Twenty Major said...

Ve have vays of avoiding ze red ring of death, Vsan.

V said...

naw, a bit of decent lube will clear that up for you.

 
◄Design by Pocket