Friday, June 26, 2009

I didn't call on the phone to say I'm alright

Friday, June 26, 2009
You'll be expecting some comment, no doubt, what with my sparkling reputation for slagging off the recently dead. Let's see, I've done Jesus (recently dead in relative terms), Wendy Richards, Bobby Fisher, Arthur C. Clarke, Katie French before she even kicked it, Paul Newman, Tom Murphy and most satisfyingly of all Jonathan Ryhs Meyer's ma.

But I've got fuck all on this one. A lot of good tunes, but it's not like he was going to be producing another Billie Jean or even another Dirty Diana so no loss there. First black crossover artist, he turns himself white. Not quite MLK. Possibly a paedo, probably a paedo, possibly not. I don't fucking know.

My big problem is that I can't remeber where I was when I heard the news. This is going to rule me out of many a dull discussion over the coming weeks.

11 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Kel D said...

i heard it on a blog.

Ellie said...

I was in Londis buying apple juice. It's memorable purely because I was early for work for the first time in four years and had time to go Londis.

fatmammycat said...

I was weaving across my kitchen floor in high heels late last night. Hardly exciting now is it? The weaving I mean.

gimme a minute said...

Kel D:
Which is pretty much through the grapevine.

Ellie:
That is very memorable. I will always remember where you were when Michael Jackson died.

Fatmammycat:
It's the best so far. Which isn't saying much.

Radge said...

I read it on the 'In other news' section of the Farrah Fawcett website.

Sniffle said...

In the pub, having a stand up row with my father who’d told me to “ shut the fuck up” ( He’s nearly 83 so the stand up thing is metaphoric)

Twenty Major said...

That Rhys Myers post is still one my favourite things ever.

gimme a minute said...

Radge:
Sweet.

Sniffle:
The Sniffmeister takes the lead.

Twenty:
Yeah, I was just exploiting Jackson's death to relive my glory days.

Medbh said...

I had just returned from walking the dogs. Mr. M said that Jackson would envy Farrah for all the boys who wanked to her famous poster.

gimme a minute said...

Medbh:
You need to get Mr. M on Twitter.

Rosie said...

Michael Jackson's dead?

 
◄Design by Pocket