Thursday, June 25, 2009

Winds of my thoughts passing by

Thursday, June 25, 2009
So the weirdest thing happened. Okay, maybe not the weirdest. Certainly not as weird as the time I cycled drunkenly around town going from Darragh Doyle haunt to Darragh Doyle haunt hoping to finally meet him in person so that I might tell him that I don't really think he's a tiresome tosser but am secretly and car crashingly in love with him. That was somewhat more weird.

So, a slightly weird thing happened. Some randomer landed on this good green gaia yesterday with a google search for 'Robert Eagar'. Robert Eagar was my grandfather. I clicked on the post in question which went by the name of 'Robert Eagar Notes'. Robert Eagar was my grandfather, he wrote Notes. As I clicked I tried to recall having written about this great man, but as it turned out the post was not about him. It was about me. Quelle fucking shocker. Clearly this was not the weird part. The weird part was that the post marked my first bleugh birthday. What was seriously freaky deaky is that totally unbeknownst to me yesterday marked the second. Same date. Like I say, not Darragh Doyle desperate drunken passion weird, but weird all the same.

It's meaningless, of course, particularly considering my many sulky sabbaticals over the last twelve months, but still, happy fucking belated bleugh birthday to me.

9 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Sarah Gostrangely said...

Many happy bleughs Gimme.

savannah said...

out of my self imposed seclusion to wish y'all a happy fucking belated one...xoxox

Medbh said...

You'll win best post yet, Gimme.
Keep writing.

Sniffle said...

Check the stars or the moons or the other panetary shit, something is lining up.

Your pages are scary. Incisive, double dam funny, clinical and unforgiving. Like a French teacher I used to respect.

Manuel said...

happy chuffing blog birthday old chap.....and I support fully Medbh's sentiments entirely.....

Sniffle bad speller should be in bed said...

Planetary maybe

gimme a minute said...

All:
And five came back. Cheers.

Fat Sparrow said...

Belated Blog Day wishes...

gimme a minute said...

Fat Sparrow:
Thank ee, ma'am.

 
◄Design by Pocket