Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Women and children first, and children first, and children

Tuesday, June 23, 2009
You know that bit in that Radiohead song off of Kid A where he goes "Ice age coming, ice age coming"? I can't remember what it's called so now I'm going have to go and look it up now. Stupid internet.

'Idioteque'. It's called 'Idioteque'. I quite like it. But I really like the 'ice age coming' part. Because he sings it with excitement as well as fear, like he can't fucking wait even though it'll mean he will die, because at least it will be different. Something different.

This is how I feel about my upcoming trip. Chances are that I won't actually die, I suppose. But you never know. Planes are always crashing after all, weddings are always being bombed. But either way, I've got the apprehension, the sweaty fear of speaking to and in front of many, many strangers. But I have the excitement too. Oh the excitement of being somewhere else, doing something else.

And I'll be wearing a tux. I am going to be so fucking sexy.

9 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Medbh said...

A tux?
Fancy!

You're going to be bored senseless on such a long flight.
Bring lots of reading material.

Manuel said...

tux you say eh.....sorta like james bond and our doorman.....nice

gimme a minute said...

Medbh:
I'm bringing every Tour de France preview magazine that there is. And Jane Eyre.

Manuel:
I'm hoping for ruffles. They come with ruffles, right?

Radge said...

Thank the waiting staff. I'll be one of them soon.

Ellie said...

You forgot to mention the scintillating company

gimme a minute said...

Radge:
I'll do that. Sorry for your troubles.

Ellie:
Did I? Or would a post about the scintillating company have been a post that was just not about me?

fatmammycat said...

A tux? There will surely be photographic evidence required for this one. Either way have a great trip, hope you all enjoy it to the max.

Sniffle said...

I can’t get beyond the category 1 climb @ 700 odd metres. The guy on your wheel may not have been the hindrance you hinted at. Too healthy Gimme. And now James Bond in a tux. Will you smoke and drink martini ? Jane Eyre never rode in the Tour, ever. She may have rode someone who did .

gimme a minute said...

Fatmammycat:
Said photographic evidence will surely prove that one can indeed be scruffy in a tux.

Sniffle:
BC bud baby!

In answer to your smoking question.

 
◄Design by Pocket