Tuesday, September 1, 2009

You can tell your Maw I moved to Arkansas

Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Data is retrieving a plate from the cupboard for her lunch, which is being made by, well who'd have fucking thunk it, me.

Data: Oh, you found this plate.

Gimme: Um, I didn't realise it was lost. But yes.

Data: I love you. I mean, I love this plate.

Gimme: I'm glad. But you love me too, right?

Data: Yes. I love you second.

Gimme: Pardon?

Data: I love Mommy first, that's why I love you second.

Gimme: Oh. Okay.

It's not like I didn't know it already, but couldn't she have sugar-coated it a smidge? Fuck it, at least I came in ahead of her Grandma.

10 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Kel D said...

That's it. I'm not having kids. There's gratitude for you.

Conan Drumm said...

What is it with the ones who have pecking orders? It'll make for 'best friend' hell.

Did you get that first day lump in the throat?

gimme a minute said...

Kel D:
Oh, I'm sure you'll be the one that they prefer.

Conan:
I did. But now I take it back.

savannah said...

don't worry, sugar, the tide will turn soon and y'all will be #1 again. xoxox

Manuel said...

nice.......very nice......could be worse....I was out for coffe last week with my son and my ex-wife's husband....my son called dad and we both said "what?"....he meant the other guy......ouch for the soul right there.......but still it was good day

John Braine said...

Uncle fun is top of the list in our house. On a good day I'll come 2nd. But most often 3rd.

emordino said...

Maybe she meant chronologically first. Would make sense, seeing as she was all up in the missus long before she met you.

gimme a minute said...

Savannah:
I'm not holding my breath.

Manuel:
Ouch is a nicely understated description. Glad the day was good.

John Braine:
I didn't want to press the point. If she had thought about it in any detail, I might just have sneaked into the top ten, behind i fucking Carly.

Emordino:
Brilliant. That's what I'm going with. I'm No. 1! (non-chronologically, possibly) I'm No. 1!

Sniffle said...

As long you and CL both agree that you're #2. The conflict you see.

I could ( but have not yet ) sit with bleeding wrists in our gaff and the others would ask me to get the biscuits / change the channel. A poor # 4, I is.

gimme a minute said...

Sniffle:
The acceptance of our lot is key, I feel.

 
◄Design by Pocket