Monday, March 22, 2010

I’ve got me a date with Botticelli’s niece

Monday, March 22, 2010
Self-portrait by Gimme A. Minute

Gaze upon my visage attendees of meaningless awards ceremony and tremble. Fucking tremble I tell you. As you may be able to tell from the photo above, I have been somewhat unwell and therefore cannot guarantee that I will arrive by bicycle, but there I will be, Zoolandering it up, giving my victory speech whether I win, win or win.

I am so going to fucking win.


11 Johns and Janes for the comment whore:

Rosie said...

You didn’t thank the sponsors, Gimme.

YOU DIDN’T THANK THE SPONSORS!

savannah said...

or god! *snickering*

or is that just a lame ass american posture at awards? congratulations on the nomination. xooxox

Twenty Major said...

You didn’t thank the sponsors, Gimme.

YOU DIDN’T THANK THE SPONSORS!


heh

problemchildbride said...

I think it would be cute if you topiaried your beard into your acceptance speech and then, when people tried to peer at it to read what was therein, really quickly mess it all up. That would be cool. Maybe you could dedicate that for absent friends or something. people will respect you because they'll think you have recently dead friend or something. It's sure to double your applause .

That was a magnificent post, Gimme. It still is. An astonishing, affecting treatment of a Godawful subject. Like nothing I've read.

Wish I could come for a swallie with yooz. I'll be swallying in Nawlins though. Some absinthe if I'm ver' ver' good. I'll be cheersing y'all up and down though.

Have fun over there!

fatmammycat said...

There had BETTER be lycra wearing as promised!

gimme a minute said...

I'm so glad you're holding me to that. Now I have to shave my legs again.

Medbh said...

Throw everyone off, Gimme, and arrive in a tuxedo.

gimme a minute said...

That was my plan, Medbh. You've ruined it now. I'll just have to go with the Charlie Brown t-shirt I had intended to wear last year.

Conan Drumm said...

Why not a lycra tuxedo, they must exist.

gimme a minute said...

This is the tuxedo of lycra. Time trial skin suit. I don't have one though. You got a spare?

Rosie said...

you'd look more fetching in one of these.

 
◄Design by Pocket